miércoles, 13 de mayo de 2009

About the “Letter to Sir Walter Raleigh”…

After reading “The Letter to Sir Walter Raleigh” many times I still feel confused. Even though, the English words that were used in those times are very similar to the ones that are used now, the way this letter is written is hard to understand. Therefore, it was really exhausted to read this letter to me.

Before giving my opinion, let me tell you that I am not sure if I will be right or not. Spencer chose to write about King Arthur because he was and has been an important and admirable character across time.

Moreover, the characteristics that Spencer was trying to emphasize through his characters are “Holiness” which is represented by the Knight of the Red Crosse, “Temperance” by Sir Gyon and “Chastity” by Lady Knight.

Finally, I think that Spencer wrote this kind of letter to express the feelings and thoughts that he could not due to that epoch.

No hay comentarios: